Starting in the Fall of 2018 Cohasset Soccer has updated the 3rd/4th Grade program to better align with Mass Youth Soccer guidelines and provide this age group more "real" game experience as they move toward travel soccer.
- 8:15-8:45: Training
- 8:45-9:45: Matches (Two 25 minutes halves)
- 9:15-9:45: Training
- 9:45-10:45: Matches (Two 25 minutes halves)
Girls and Boys Leagues Rules pursuant to all Coastal U12 By-Laws
- Larger Fields to fit USA Soccer suggested size of 55-65 yards by 35-45 yards
- Two 25 minute halves, 3-minute halftime
- Offsides is live
- 7 v 7 with one being a GK
- Size 4 ball
- No heading
- 2-3 coaches per team
- Focus should be on teaching players on the sidelines what was reviewed in training or positioning on field, not winning the game
Schedule (general guideline based on # of teams):
- Weeks 1-6: Each of the teams plays each other twice, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss, -1 point for a forfeit
- Game scores to be submitted by the referees along with their gamecards to ref assignor and standings to kept by the Board.
- Week 7*: Semi-Finals (schedules based on season results)
- Week 8*: Finals
* During weeks 7 & 8 all teams will have a game.
- Non-USSF certified, in-town only referees
- Each match has a center and two ARs