Spring Soccer - Kick-Off Information!
SPRING REGISTRATION IS CLOSED - Coaches will be contacting teams soon with schedules.
- The in-town soccer season officially starts April 27 and runs through June 22. There will be no skills or games on Memorial Day weekend, but instead we are planning a Memorial Day Clinic for that Saturday run by members of the CHS Soccer team. More details on that will follow.
- The travel soccer season starts April 6, and once the Coastal League has provided more detailed information we will share it with all of the Cohasset Travel Coaches. The coaches will be in touch with their teams on practice schedules and other logistics specific to the Spring season.
Travel Skills Reminder:
- All travel skills will be at the Cohasset Sports Complex and commence on April 1st. There are no skills on April 15th/16th. The day/times are as follows:
- Monday 3:30 – 4:30: BU14
- Monday 4:30 – 5:30: BU12
- Tuesday 3:30 – 4:30: GU14
- Tuesday 4:30 – 5:30: GU12
- All other travel team practices will be organized by the team coach and communicated directly by the coach.
In-Town Team/Format Changes:
- For those who are new to the program, the teams in the Spring are the same as in the Fall, with limited exceptions.
- There will be exceptions this Spring. Due to feedback from the coaches from the Fall along with additional players being added for the Spring, we are adding 2 additional teams to a couple of leagues and as such there will now be 6 teams instead of 4. This will allow more playing time for each of the teams although we will need to move some players around. We will be working directly with the team coaches on that process to adjust the teams and we appreciate your flexibility. The following leagues are impacted:
- Girls Pre-K
- Boys Kindergarten
- For Boys and Girls 1st Grade teams, we will be moving to a 5v5 format including a goal keeper, consistent with the 2nd graders. Pre-K and Kindergartners remain 3v3 with no goalie (or at coaches’ discretion).